books, paper, mixed media
This lantern is easy to make, and it’s a fun project to do with kids, or on a rainy afternoon.
The light it casts makes beautiful patterns on the walls of a dimly lit room.
1. Print out the pattern below to fit an 8.5” x 11” sheet of card stock.
2. Cut out the shape.
3. Use a hole punch to make the round openings in each petal.
4. Lace a pretty ribbon in and put through the outermost holes on each petal.
5. Pull the ribbon so the petals come together to form the lantern shape, then tie a bow.
6. Insert a battery operated tea light.
If you enjoyed this project, send me a picture, I love to see all the variations creativity brings to the basic design.